In the study of Bazi, every pillar is important, because it makes up a part of who you are as a person. While the Day Master is naturally the focus of every Bazi reading, learning to make the most of what we all have been given is our real job in life.
With that, I am excited to kick off a new series, Maximize Every Pillar.
Maximizing the 甲子 (Jia Zi) Day Master
Every time I see the 甲子 (Jia Zi) pillar, I think of a Christmas tree. Seriously! A tall and lush evergreen standing on pristine white snow. This calls to mind an individual who stands tall in defiance of their challenging surroundings. They hold their ground, they never back down. Rooted on their own resource, Jia Zi individuals are strong-willed and independent.
In the Jia Zi Day Master, we see a progressive individual who is constantly learning and growing. As long as the learning never stops, a Jia Zi Day Master will always be at his or her best. Doesn’t that describe exactly a thought leader who is more than just an empty marketing vocabulary?
However, this superior intellect can sometimes come with its own set of problems. Having grown to such lofty heights, not many people can be their intellectual equal. Learning a little flexibility, consciously cultivating the ability to sway with the wind, will help smoothen a Jia Zi Day Master’s journey in life.
Jia Zi Day Masters are usually straight talkers. They say what they mean, and mean what they say. While they risk coming across as blunt, they could also gain the trust of the people around them, because they always deliver on a promise.
Don’t expect the Jia Zi to be an out-and-out extrovert. They may be outgoing, but they are instinctively protective of their personal lives. Like the bark of a tree protecting its inner core.
Is Your Weakness Really A Weakness?
Is the ability to take risks really a weakness? Without risk, how could there be gain? Knowing your own propensity for risk-taking, could you mindfully cultivate an awareness of this tendency and take steps to know when you should or should not take that leap of faith?
How about your reputation of being rigid and stubborn? Could an awareness of that tendency help you re-package that trait into something appealing to your market? Don’t we all admire individuals with dogged determination to succeed?
For the Jia Zi Day Master, the first half of 2021 will likely be the most confusing, with Fire (your Output) virtually snuffed out by the Water energies. The creative energies will flow better when the 甲午 month kicks off in June.
Here’s the good news – January 2021 is literally their Nobleman month. Attract that noble person by exhibiting the traits of a Direct Wealth, by being responsible and goal-oriented.
Want to know if you have Jia Zi in your Bazi Chart? Follow this link for the free plotter. Do note that while it is free to use, registration is required.
Where Is The Jia Zi?
Social Media Marketing For the Thought Leader (Jia Zi in the Year Pillar): While this pillar had often been discounted in the past, in this social media era, the Year Pillar has become increasingly important. This is how your industry, social network and fans is likely to see you. With Jia Zi in the Year Pillar, you have the potential to get social media marketing work for you as a thought leader.
Here are some suggestions on how to use the Jia Zi in the Year Pillar to establish a thought leadership position:
- What are you an expert in? To be a true thought leader, you really must be an expert in your chosen field or niche. Otherwise, you are an influencer (not discounting influencers here, more on them as the series continues).
- Be authentic. We all have a written ‘voice’ to our writing. Believe me, it comes through when we try to fake it. Don’t worry too much about grammar or strange sentences. Try to stay as authentic as possible.
- How/who can your knowledge serve? Create useful and valuable content.
- LinkedIn or Facebook? Instagram or Twitter? Telegram or SnapChat? Explore new vehicles to reach your audience.
Jia Zi in the Year Pillar could come across as being a little aloof, standoffish and cold. To maximize a Jia Zi in the Year Pillar, you will need to overcome your distaste for showing off and let your skills, knowledge and values shine through.
How To Be A Thought Leader At Work (Jia Zi in the Month Pillar): Let’s get one thing clear – you don’t wait until you reach the C-Suite to become a thought leader. You reach the C-Suite because you are seen as a thought leader. Doesn’t matter if your field is marketing or human resource, accounting or public relations, engineering or programming.
It’s never too late to take action. Here are some suggestions:
- Network by taking an active role in your profession’s association. To become a leader, you must have people willing to follow you. Being faceless in your industry will get your nowhere. Join an association of professionals in your field and take an active role as a volunteer. Use the opportunity to build a strong network of colleagues who can act as your sounding board and vice versa.
- Research and Share. When you take your first baby steps in this direction, you may not have the confidence as yet to voice your own opinion. Read up on the topic of your speciality and share that knowledge. Be known as the go-to person for this particular field. For example, you are an accountant interested in growth and development (you have Jia in your month pillar, of course you are interested in growth and development!). Keep tabs on how new accounting practices are developing in your industry and others. Share the articles that you find useful on your social media or with your colleagues through group messaging apps.
- Walk the talk. Credibility is everything for a thought leader. You must be seen to embody or demonstrate the disciplines and expertise of your chosen niche.
- Don’t be afraid to have an opinion. Going against the current trend can bring you quick attention. By the time you reach this step, you must be able to back up your opinion with results.
Jia Zi in the Hour Pillar: Because the hour pillar governs your investment, subordinates, dreams and desires, it won’t be practical to apply thought leadership here. Instead, the best way to maximize a Jia Zi in the Hour Pillar is to embody the Jia Zi’s love for life-long learning by constantly stretching and elevating your mind and knowledge.
Without the ability to see the full chart, I must stress that the suggestions in this article are broad recommendations based on a single pillar. To pinpoint specific issues or to co-create solutions tailor-made for you, please feel free to drop me a line.
Want to find out if you have the Jia Zi pillar somewhere in your chart? Plot your Bazi Chart with this free resource (registration required) https://bazibz.masteryacademy.com/.
Disclaimer: The Bazi Technical terms (Direct Wealth, Indirect Wealth, Eating God, Hurting Officer, Direct Officer, 7Killings, Friend, Rob Wealth, Direct Resource and Indirect Resource) are copyright property of the Joey Yap Mastery Academy. If you wish to learn the art of Chinese Metaphysics for yourself, please visit www.joeyyaponline.com for more information.