In the study of Bazi, the Tiger marks the coming of spring. The Bing Yin (丙寅) pillar evokes the imagery of the warm and crisp spring sunlight shining over a lush forest. As the sun melts away the last of the frost, the silver new leaves turn their faces to the life-giving sun, growing lush and full again. The sun doesn’t come down to earth to help with the spring planting. It just creates the environment for life to begin anew. That is why, the Bing Yin pillar is empowering.
How To Empower Yourself: Maximizing the Bing Yin Day Master
The Bing Yin Day Master embodies the spirit of hope through the sheer force of your personality, confidence, keen intelligence and creativity. Equipped with a fertile imagination, you are ably aided by an inventive, analytical and active mind that constantly needs to be challenged.
At your best, your are a self-confident and independent person with a warm and generous heart. A strong moral code and a keen sense of justice is extremely important to you. These values are something that you will never compromise on.
These characteristics combine put you, the Bing Yin Day Master, in a unique position, not just to empower yourself, but others as well. Empowerment is described as the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s right. However, you can only give what you already have.
Here are five tips on how to empower yourself:
- Ground yourself. For the Bing Yin Day Master, your home is your safe place to retreat. This is where you find emotional peace. Beneath the Bing Yin’s bright and sunny exterior, hides a vulnerable soul that can be prone to running on extreme highs and lows. As you give so much of yourself at work, make sure that your home affords you the time and space you need to regain your equilibrium.
- Focus on issues that speak to your heart. There will always be a gazillion and one thing to fix. But being human, we can’t deal with them all. So bend your creativity towards the issues that bother you the most.
- Plan ahead to avoid becoming overwhelmed. The Bing Yin tends to become overwhelmed when you don’t plan ahead. At times like these, you risk becoming distracted and may even lose heart too quickly.
- Practice self-compassion. Bing Fire Day Masters are always magnanimous and giving. But they hold themselves to high standards. Treat yourself as you would treat others to drown out that negative, nagging, critical voice.
- Take care of yourself. While this last tip may seem so simplistic, some people really do need to be reminded that they need to care of themselves as well. A Bing Yin could be so busy taking care of others that they end up neglecting their own needs.
Where Is The Bing Yin?
Not a Bing Yin Day Master? Worry not, as long as you have the Bing Yin anywhere in your natal Bazi Chart, you have the ability to be empowering.
How To Empower Others (Bing Yin in the Year Pillar): With Bing Yin in your year pillar, you will definitely not struggle to draw friends into your life. People are automatically attracted to your sunny public demeanour.
This puts you in the enviable position to empower your social circle, people in your industry and your network of contacts.
Make the most of the Bing Yin in your year pillar by sharing information and spreading empowering and positive messages.
4 Ways To Bring Empowerment To Work (Bing Yin in the Month Pillar): Empowering employees has been the corporate buzzword over the last few years. It’s still an on-going thing. Empowerment works best when there is a need for more creative and helpful employees. Research has also shown that empowerment may not be so great with task-based or highly precise and regulated industries.
The Bing Yin pillar has a natural gift for leadership and will excel in cooperative endeavours. Let’s think about it this way, if you are the sunshine and your team is the forest, how can you help them grow? Here are some suggestions to empower your team:
- Be generous with the information. Informed employees will tend to be more open towards taking ownership of their responsibilities. Not only does this build trust, it also helps your team get better at critical thinking which ultimately leads to better decision-making.
- Establish clear goals and objectives. This will create a clear framework to guide your team’s actions.
- Celebrate the successes and the failures. Failures and mistakes are part and parcel of the growth process. People can only fail if they have truly tried. Therefore, both successes and failures should be celebrated equally. The former, of course, because it deserves celebrations. The latter for the lessons that had been learnt.
- Support a learning environment. The Bing Yin pillar brings with it a natural affinity to keep up to date with the latest trends and information. Extend this outwards to your team by creating a learning environment.
3 Ways To Create An Empowering Mindset (Bing Yin in the Hour Pillar): Most of us have an irritating little voice in our heads telling us that we are never good enough. With the Bing Yin in the Hour Pillar, you have a headstart at defeating that voice once and for all. Here are three suggestions:
- Practice positive affirmation. This step requires a deliberate and mindful choice to use positive language in your own self-talk. Of course, a habit of a lifetime will require some time, but every little step forward is a battle won.
- Challenge the negative thoughts. Challenge those negative thoughts by asking yourself if what you think is really true. Let’s use an example. A simple thought like ‘I’m so careless’ could quickly devolve into ‘I always make careless mistakes’ or worse. In this respect, you need to play a coach to yourself by asking ‘Really? Are you always careless? Always? Can you think of one instance when you were careful?’
- Practice gratitude. There’s much to be said about the new-age mantra of practicing gratitude. Think of three things you have to be grateful for each day. Even the smallest things will do. By practicing this consciously, you will soon notice that the small gratitudes grow bigger as time goes by.
As always, a final caveat. Without the ability to see the full chart, I must stress that the suggestions in this article are broad recommendations based on a single pillar. To pinpoint specific issues or to co-create solutions tailor-made for you, please feel free to drop me a line.
Want to find out if you have the Bing Yin pillar somewhere in your chart? Plot your Bazi Chart with this free resource (registration required) https://bazibz.masteryacademy.com/.