The Ji Si (己巳) pillar can be imagined as a slab of jade that is formed from the slow movement of the earth. Like the jade that came into being through high temperature and pressure, a Ji Si individual is one who understands their true self-worth in the face of life’s trials and tribulations.
This self-understanding endows the Ji Si pillar with a quality of being pressure-proof, the ability to reject society’s pressure to conform. This brings about a rare independence of mind and spirit that can be in turn a boon, or a bane.
But at thehiddensun.com, we’re all about the boon. So let’s get started.
Maximizing The Ji Si Day Master: The Benefits Of Being A Late Bloomer
If you are a Ji Si Day Master, you may very well be a late bloomer. And why not? With so much to discover within you, some talents are worth waiting for.
The society we live in today has put too much premium on early achievements. Lest we forget the benefits of being a late-bloomer, here’s a list:
- You have an empathy and connection for discovering underdogs. Having gone through the process yourself, you can sense when something great is hiding under all that awkwardness.
- You experience more gratitude when you reach milestones. And you are less likely to lose that which you have earned as you will never take anything for granted.
- You’re never worried about the Joneses. Keeping up with the Joneses (or in today’s world, the Kardashians) has never brought anyone any benefits apart from more pressure and grief. You know that for a fact. And you often wish that others would too.
Peer pressure aside, a Ji Si Day Master is someone who is strong, perseverant and highly intelligent. You have a thirst for knowledge and a charismatic personality which translates to potential power in all your endeavours.
By all means, nurture this deep quest for knowledge, as it is the key ingredient in the development of all your talents and vital to your overall success. For the Ji Si Day Master, spicing up your daily routine with variety and adventure can make your goals and objectives more easily attainable.
Where Is The Ji Si?
Making Enigmatic Work For You (Ji Si in the Year Pillar): Ji Si in the Year Pillar lends you an enigmatic and cool aura that is mysterious, confounding and inscrutable. Contrary to the current obsession of being open and instantly likable, people are actually attracted to those who seem mysterious. They pay attention when you create an atmosphere of anticipation, if nothing else, just to see what you do next. This persona can be used to deceive, enthral and influence.
If I haven’t convinced you yet, let’s talk about this a little more.
An enigmatic social persona can make you appear brilliant and profound. Like you have your act together (even though, like the rest of us, you don’t really). With that, you gain an upper hand when you force others to try and figure you out. Inscrutability draws attention.
With a Ji Si in your Year Pillar, cloaking yourself with an aura of enigma is so simple. Just do something periodically that doesn’t jive with the public’s perception of you. This will be enough to keep them on edge and focused on you. With the aid of the Ji Si pillar, it will be easy to pull off. For the rest of us? Maybe not so.
Independence At Work (Ji Si in the Month Pillar): The pressure-proof characteristics of the Ji Si pillar can also be translated as a strong and independent spirit. This pillar requires a lot of authority and autonomy to perform at its best.
Teamwork is acceptable, so long as it doesn’t stifle your modus operandi. To keep this spirit of independence alive, you will need to activate the Ji Si’s love of knowledge by constantly learning something new and staying ahead of industry trends.
If teamwork is just not your thing, then be sure to position yourself as someone with practical solutions whom people turn to in times of crisis.
Self-Directed Control Freak (Ji Si in the Hour Pillar): The Ji Si pillar can be a bit of a control freak. I agree, manifesting it externally may not be a good thing as you end up being branded as someone domineering and dominating. But there are some areas in your own life and attitudes that can benefit from a degree of control, such as:
- Gain control over your stress level to stay calm and level through the biggest crisis.
- Take control of how you spend your precious time
- Structure the most efficient path through your priorities by taking control of your actions
- Learn to turn your knowledge into solid decision-making processes
- Gain mastery over your thoughts. This is the one point that most people will find most challenging. The moment when you master your own thoughts is when you can grow beyond any barriers.
As always, a final caveat. Without the ability to see the full chart, I must stress that the suggestions in this article are broad recommendations based on a single pillar. To pinpoint specific issues or to co-create solutions tailor-made for you, please feel free to drop me a line.
Want to find out if you have the Ji Si pillar somewhere in your chart? Plot your Bazi Chart with this free resource (registration required) https://bazibz.masteryacademy.com/.