This post is in honour of World Mental Health day today. For my regular readers, don’t worry, I will get back to the 60 pillars. But for now, let’s talk about how we can rise with the tide with the mindset shift required to make the most of 2021.
If 2020 has left you feeling, well, a little ‘mental’, take comfort in the knowledge that everyone else is going through the same thing in varying degrees.
From a metaphysical point of view, there is an explanation for what we are all experiencing. In a way, we are living through ‘end times’. No, not the end-of-the-world type of ‘end times’. It’s a change from one Feng Shui period (Period 8) to another (Period 9). Of course, not every change brings such dramatic effects. For those old enough to remember, the last change was circa 2003/2004. What is particularly significant, though, is that the energies of these few years are fairly extreme.
That’s right! You’re not going crazy, the cosmos is! 😊
We can all agree that 2020 has pretty much been a complete washout. Ironically, everyone is looking forward to 2021. As though there is somehow a magical button in the heavens somewhere that would magically erase all the bad of 2020 and restore things to ‘normal’. Unfortunately, it doesn’t really work that way.
Here’s the 2021 Bazi Chart:
Water energies continue to be strong in 2021. On the surface, the chart is predominantly comprised of Water and Metal. When these two meet, they signify confusion and emotional overload. Metal is actually pretty weak, suggesting that the confusion is caused by disinformation (fake news, anybody?) driven by ideology and idealism. I will not delve any deeper into dissecting the 2021 chart. I’ll leave that to my betters!
What I would like to do, instead, is to share suggestions on how to shift your mindset to make the most of the Water energies of 2021. In other words, how to rise with the tide.
You see, the year’s Bazi Chart represents the energies that infuses us all. When the energies are this extreme, particularly in the case of Water, it signifies a tilt in our Bazi Structures. When that happens, what used to work does not seem to function well anymore. Even the most balanced structures could be bent out of shape.
So what to do? Should you panic? No! What this calls for, very simply, is a shift in mindset, focus and awareness. There are three possible scenarios. What you need to know is that we are comparing the difference between the Natal structure (yellow) and the Annual structure (purple).
The Stretched Bazi Structure/Extreme Structures
When a structure is stretched, basically it means more is added to what you already have a lot of (Water, obviously). The structure becomes more extreme. When that happens, you will tend to exhibit more of the negative aspects of your structure. Here are the five possible extreme structures and what you need to be aware of:
- Extreme Companion Structure. The Problem: When a Companion Structure hits its maximum, certain manipulative tendencies of the structure start to manifest. What could some of these tendencies be? Selfishness is one. When a Companion Structure falls unconsciously into an extreme frame of mind, you are only thinking about what’s in it for you, and you leave your friends and colleagues perplexed, wondering where has that nice team player gone to? The Solution: Focus on personal growth and development instead of belittling others to make yourself feel good. Create something new and diversify! Alternatively, consciously set personal boundaries and learn to recognize behaviour that could alienate others.
- Extreme Resource Structure. The Problem: When a Resource Structure shows its extreme qualities, procrastination caused by over-thinking or circular thinking is the biggest danger. The Solution: Talk to people to put your ideas and theories into perspective. Or hire a coach to help you cut through all that buzzing in your head! But do realize that there must be a deadline when the thinking stops and the action begins.
- Extreme Influence Structure. The Problem: You take conflict avoidance to the limit and beyond, so fearful of offending others that you can’t get anything done. The Solution: Accept that a certain amount of conflict is always unavoidable. It is unrealistic to think that you can achieving anything without stepping on a couple of toes every now and then. If you judge that this is a temporary condition (maybe only 2021?), then this may be a good year for you to further your education and go for that MBA that you have always been thinking about.
- Extreme Wealth Structure. The Problem: Micro-managing. A tendency to take on too much because you think you are the only one who can do the job. The Solution: Either you learn a new threshold of control or you create clear structures to encourage efficiency and heighten productivity with precisely defined task-based objectives and performance expectations.
- Extreme Output Structure. The Problem: Unruly, wanton risk-taking. When the Output Structure hits the ceiling, the know-it-all persona emerges, one with an extreme contradictory approach to problems. The Solution: If you cannot resist the siren call of breaking the rules, then at least make sure you know what you are doing. Complement that unconventional big-picture thinking by breaking the vision down to task-based objectives and examine each step to test for flaws.
The Flipped Chart – It’s Time To Pivot
If you find your chart is flipped by the influx of Water energies, it’s time to learn new skills and figure out a new modus operandi to navigate a changing world. Let’s not kid ourselves here, this process will feel uncomfortable because you are essentially learning to become a new person. But eyes on the prize, anything you gained from 2020 and 2021 is yours forever!
For the Water DayMasters, the Companion element will increase while the Wealth element drops. The success of 2021 will depend on how well you learn to work with others. This is the year to focus on your customers’ needs, reputation and fanbase.
Wood DayMasters will find their Resource element enhanced while Output drops. This represents wasted resources due to a lack of innovation. Find new uses for your existing product or skill and expand your market reach in 2021.
Fire DayMasters, 2021 calls for attention to your value-delivery structure. It doesn’t matter if you are a business owner or ‘just’ an employee. All of us have ‘customers’ to deliver to. The key message here is to make sure you are able to deliver what you promise.
Earth DayMasters, this is the year to put theory into practice as the Resource Element drops while the Wealth Element increases. Time to start that new business venture or side gig! Stop thinking and start doing.
Finally, Metal DayMasters, when your structured world (Influence) dissolves into chaos (Output), it’s time to start something new. This is the time for big-picture, out-of-the-box thinking. It’s about finding new solutions to old problems.
The Balanced Chart Stretched Out Of Shape – What To Focus On
For the rare individual with the relatively balanced natal structure, you could also think of 2021 as the year to learn new skills. But in your case, the change may be less uncomfortable, requiring a shift of focus as opposed to adopting a completely new approach.
Water DayMasters, focus on improving your communication skills. This is about how you put yourself forward. This skill will help enhance your networking ability which is prime in 2021. At the same time, do make sure that your productivity level does not fall below par while you are busy expanding your market.
Wood DayMasters, this is the time to upscale your analytical thinking skill. As the world economy move becomes more information-based, the ability to turn complex data into usable information is priceless.
Fire DayMasters, I have a question for you – what problems can you solve? This is the year to identify the answer to that question. The bigger the problem that you can tackle, the higher your net worth will be! Do be mindful though, that you must first thoroughly understand what your market wants as opposed to what you think they want.
For the Earth DayMasters, productivity is the buzzword for 2021. Ask yourself, how else can I deliver value? At the same time, be sure to have the human or financial or information resource you need to upscale your productivity.
Last but not least, Metal DayMasters, innovative new ideas are only as good as their execution. Learn to evaluate the value of your ideas and work on only the ones that matter.
As always, a final caveat. Without the ability to see the full chart, I must stress that the suggestions in this article are broad recommendations based on only the structure. These suggestions do not take into account the many layers of interactions that could possibly happen in a single chart. To pinpoint specific issues or to co-create solutions tailor-made for you, please feel free to drop me a line.
You can plot your Bazi Chart with this free resource (registration required) https://bazibz.masteryacademy.com/. However, do note that the plotter is still reflecting the 2020 energies.