What happens when you place water into an iron receptacle, put a big fire underneath and then channel the resulting vapour? You get to harness the power of steam! That, my friend, is exactly what the Gui Si (癸巳) pillar is all about – the power of steam.
Maximizing The Gui Si (癸巳): The Gift of Collaboration
The Gui Si is perhaps the most driven, hardworking and noble among the six Gui pillars. Seated on its own Direct Wealth, Direct Officer, and Direct Resource stars, the Gui Si can easily tap on the Wealth-Officer-Seal structure that brings blessings of nobility and success.
The key to making the Gui Si pillar work is to give it direction and purpose. Like the steam in our example, when harnessed properly, it can move a train! But without that direction, the steam scatters into the air and disperses into nothing. This means that, when inspired and committed to a strong purpose, the Gui Si pillar can literally move mountains.
But how does the weak Gui water move a mountain? The answer lies in the crux of the Gui Si pillar, which is the gift of collaboration.
Allow me to elaborate.
In the study of Bazi, the Gui Water is deemed as the weakest of the 10 stems. They abhor tough situations. When things get too hot, the Gui Water has been known to scatter, returning only when things cool down. Some may say that the Gui Water is lazy.
I beg to differ.
Seated on its own Direct Wealth, the Gui Si, will certainly put in its fair share of work. But being the smartest worker of them all, why bother doing something yourself when you can get others to do it for you?
Remember, the Gui Si is seated on its own Resource star, which means that you will always have access to Noble People in your life to aid and support your goals.
Finally, the Direct Officer star comes in to give the Gui Si its much-needed direction to move mountains. Being a highly noble pillar, the Gui Si is not triggered by mere financial achievements alone. In fact, the Gui Si will always worry about money, even when they have plenty of money in the bank. What really drives a Gui Si, is recognition.
Given the three factors above – the ability to work hard, the presence of Noble People, and a thirst for recognition – we circle back to the gift of collaboration that comes automatically to the Gui Si pillar. It’s the gift of not only connecting with people from all walks of life, but to take it one step further by working collaboratively with them. Therefore, the Gui Si’s contact list can be worth its weight in gold.
Here are three easy ways to maximize the gift of collaboration in the Gui Si pillar:
- Be open to meeting new people constantly. The Si (巳) by itself is a very active, travelling star. Forcing the Si (巳) pillar to stay still will result in strong inertia that can prove to be quite difficult to overcome. Therefore, put yourself in situations where it is easy and appropriate to introduce yourself to new contacts. Let’s be realistic about friends. Not all friends stay in our lives forever. Not everyone we meet will become our friends. So that contact list must constantly be topped-up.
- Commit to a community. Committing yourself, and establishing yourself within a community is a great way for the Gui Si to find new collaborators. As more people are drawn into the community, so does your contact list grow.
- Establish yourself as a giver. Be willing to share knowledge, tips and value on a regular basis. Something as simple as sharing a funny story, or a motivational quote via text messaging is enough to let people know that they are in your thoughts. When you do that, you will indirectly position yourself as a subject matter expert which will not only draw more people into your circle, but more importantly, keep them there.
On a personal note, I have a good friend who happens to be a Gui Si Day Master. She does the above three so naturally, that there are days where I truly envy her for her ability. In our connected world, the ability to bring many people together to work on one objective is a truly powerful talent.
Where is the Gui Si (癸巳):
Know The Type Of Friends You Want In Advance: Gui Si (癸巳) In the Year Pillar
It takes time and effort to make friends. With a bubbly and attractive pillar like the Gui Si in the Year Pillar, it is entirely possible that you draw every Tom, Dick and Harry into your life. Therefore, a little pre-planning would be useful to figure out the type of people you want in your life.
Start by listing a few qualities or interests that you like, as well as the goals and objectives you have in mind. This type of planning will bring clarity to your purpose and save you a lot of time and frustration.
Collaboration At Work: Gui Si (癸巳) In the Month Pillar
The Gui Si in the Month Pillar can take collaboration at work to the next level. Here’s how:
- First, leverage on the Gui Water’s inherent ability to subtly influence people.
- Use the broadness of the Wu Earth (戊) to get everyone on the same page with regards to the goals and objectives and methodology of the collaboration.
- Use the effectiveness of the Geng Metal (庚) to set the tasks and expectations. The Geng Metal, after all, is the best taskmaster known to man!
- Finally, bring it all together and online by harnessing the Bing Fire’s (丙) natural love for tech tools.
Taiji and Tianyi Nobleman Stars: Gui Si (癸巳) In the Hour Pillar
For all its practicality, the Gui Si pillar will always have strong leanings towards the spiritual side of life. This interest in spiritual studies is the result of the presence of not just one, but two highly coveted nobleman stars that is to be found within the Gui Si pillar.
If you have been blessed with the Gui Si pillar in your Bazi Chart, know that you sit on the TaiJi and TianYi nobleman stars. What does that mean? It just means that you are naturally endowed with a strong talent for spiritual learnings and divine knowledge.
Given the idealistic nature of the Gui Si pillar, why not use that knowledge to help the many people in your life?
As always, a final caveat. Without the ability to see the full chart, I must stress that the suggestions in this article are broad recommendations based on a single pillar.
Want to find out if you have the Gui Si pillar somewhere in your chart? Plot your Bazi Chart with this free resource (registration required) https://bazibz.masteryacademy.com/.
CONNECT WITH ME
Got a burning question to ask? Here’s how you can connect with me.
DM me on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheHiddenBing
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulynneCheng
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book an appointment: https://bit.ly/3iylVMv
All Bazi terminologies and the Bazi Chart referred here are copyrighted materials belonging to, and are used with permission from Dato Joey Yap and/or Joey Yap Research Group Sdn Bhd.
For more information on services and courses offered by Dato Joey Yap and/or Joey Yap Research Group Sdn Bhd, please visit www.joeyyap.com.